The Performance Theatre Foundation is a non-profit organisation initiated in 2000. Our goal is to inspire the leadership required to reinvent growth. We need a new growth model that works with rather than against nature; benefits the many rather than a small elite; and delivers value over the long term as well as the short.
What we do
The foundation pursues its goal through one annual initiative – The Performance Theatre.
Each year, the theatre brings together a select group of CEOs with world-class thinkers and leaders, drawn from across disciplines, philosophies, industries and geographies.
Participants are assembled in a stimulating setting of global historical weight and are challenged to deploy their collective experience, knowledge and values to take on the biggest questions of the day – not shying away from taboo or difficulty. The agenda is forward-looking, encouraging participants to preempt challenges to global business by adopting a longer-term perspective.
We use the theatre as a model. Because, throughout history, theatres have played host to the biggest debates of the day. And at the theatre, both the actors and the audience create a unique, shared experience.
Our advisory board
Our partner members make up The Performance Theatre Foundation advisory board, which provides strategic guidance on the direction and content of the theatre’s annual programme.
- Chairman Rick Haythornthwaite, non-executive chairman, Centrica, and chairman, MasterCard
- Vice chairman Yves Daccord, director-general, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Vice chairman Lois Quam, president and CEO, Pathfinder International
- Founder and vice chairman Dr Osvald M Bjelland, also chairman of Xyntéo
- Pekka Ala-Pietilä, chairman of the board, Huhtamaki Oyj, and chairman of the board, Samona
- Ajay Banga, president and CEO, Mastercard
- Jeremy Bentham, vice president, Global Business Environment, Royal Dutch Shell
- N Chandrasekaran, CEO and managing director, Tata Consultancy Services
- Geoff Colvin, senior editor-at -large, Fortune magazine
- Shi Dinghuan, counsellor, the State Council, People’s Republic of China
- Remi Eriksen, group president and CEO, DNV GL
- Jeremy Hillman, director, corporate communications, World Bank
- Merit E. Janow, dean, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Jude Kelly CBE, artistic director, Southbank Centre in London
- Veronica Lie, executive vice president, strategy and communications, Xyntéo
- António Mexia, CEO, EDP
- Paul Polman, Chief Executive, Unilever
- Hans Vestberg, former president and CEO, Ericsson Group
- H. Cuneyd Zapsu, chairman and founder, Cuneyd Zapsu Danismanlik A.S