The Performance Theatre Foundation is a non-profit organisation initiated in 2000. Our goal is to inspire the leadership required to reinvent growth. We need a new growth model that works with rather than against nature; benefits the many rather than the few; and delivers value over the long-term as well as the short.
What we do
The foundation pursues its goal through one annual initiative – The Performance Theatre.
Each year, the theatre brings together a select group of CEOs with world-class thinkers and leaders, drawn from across disciplines, philosophies, industries and geographies.
Participants are assembled in a stimulating setting of global historical weight and are challenged to deploy their collective experience, knowledge and values to take on the biggest questions of the day – not shying away from taboo or difficulty. The agenda is forward-looking, encouraging participants to preempt challenges to global business by adopting a longer-term perspective.
We use the theatre as a model. Because, throughout history, theatres have played host to the biggest debates of the day. And at the theatre, both the actors and the audience create a unique, shared experience.
Our advisory board
- Chairman Rick Haythornthwaite, chairman, Mastercard and chairman, Centrica
- Vice chairman Yves Daccord, director-general, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Vice chairman Lois Quam, president and CEO, Pathfinder International
- Founder and vice chairman Dr Osvald M Bjelland, also chairman of Xynteo
- Pekka Ala-Pietilä, chairman of the board, Huhtamaki Oyj, and chairman of Finnish Governmental Artificial Intelligence Programme
- Ajay Banga, president and CEO, Mastercard
- Jeremy Bentham, vice president, Global Business Environment, Royal Dutch Shell
- N Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons
- Geoff Colvin, senior editor-at -large, Fortune magazine
- Shi Dinghuan, counsellor, the State Council, People’s Republic of China
- Remi Eriksen, group president and CEO, DNV GL
- Jeremy Hillman, director, corporate communications, World Bank
- Merit E. Janow, dean, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Jude Kelly CBE, artistic director, Southbank Centre in London
- Veronica Lie, Executive vice president, strategy and systems, Xynteo
- António Mexia, CEO, EDP
- Paul Polman, Chief Executive, Unilever
- Hans Vestberg, executive vice president & president Global Network & Technology, Verizon Communications, Inc.
- H. Cuneyd Zapsu, chairman and founder, Cuneyd Zapsu Danismanlik A.S
Our partner members make up The Performance Theatre Foundation advisory board, which provides strategic guidance on the direction and content of the theatre’s annual programme.