Catching up with the ILA AlumniApril 9, 2018
Nominations for this year’s Inspired Leadership Award are now closed.
Thank you to all those of you who made a nomination. A long-list is now being compiled, from which the ILA Committee will select a shortlist – and eventual winner.
Shortlisted nominees join a diverse and dynamic community. Many of these leaders have connected to mentors and collaborators at The Performance Theatre – and continue to inspire us as they scale their ideas and impact.
We’ll be announcing the shortlist at the end of this month.
– Since we met her last June, Singapore 2017 winner Dr Nthabiseng Legoete (top left) continues to grow Quali Health, her innovative healthcare model for under-served communities in South Africa. She also joined the World Bank’s Women Entrepreneurs Fund Initiative, launched at the G20 in July (pictured second from the right in a photo shared with us by ILA chair Jeremy Hillman).
– London 2016 winner Arunachalam Muruganantham (bottom left), social entrepreneur and menstrual health pioneer from Tamil Nadu, India, has become the subject of a Bollywood movie, released earlier this year.
– And Lisbon 2015 winner Jeremy Heimans (bottom right) has released his timely book, ‘New Power’, about building movements in a hyper-connected world.
– Congratulations to Banyan Nation and its CEO Mani Vajipey (top left), one of our 2017 nominees, for winning the Dell Circular Economy People’s Choice Award at ‘The Circulars’ recently.
– Fellow 2017 nominee Lindsay Stradley (top right) writes that her organisation Sanergy now provides safe sanitation to 50,000 people daily, and aims to reach 105,000 by the end of 2018.
– And 2016 nominee Sam Goldman (bottom left), co-founder of d.light solar solutions, has since relocated to Hong Kong and seen his company become the world’s fastest growing pay-as-you-go solar company.
– Finally, 2015 nominee Tom Szaky (bottom right), CEO of TerraCycle, has partnered with Procter & Gamble to produce the world’s first recyclable shampoo bottle, made from 25% beach plastic.
Read more about the Inspired Leadership Award here.